I woke up singing the words to an old, familiar song. It is 2:30 in the morning and in a few hours, I will be going in for surgery. The words of this song, based on Psalm 32:7, give me great peace.
"You are my hiding place
You always fill my heart
With songs of deliverance
Whenever I am afraid
I will trust in You
I will trust in You
Let the weak say
I am strong
In the strength of the Lord"
He is my hiding place, I will put my trust in Him. I pray these words echo in my thoughts all morning and I will enter the hospital with a song of deliverance in my heart!
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23:6

Terese and Bruce,
ReplyDeleteYou guys are on hearts in our prayers today.
Love you,
Neil & Kate
We love you Terese!!! We're praying for today! Let me know if you'd like me to come over and sing that song with you (I remember it from "back in the day") :-)
ReplyDelete-Matthew B.
What a beautiful post. I love the Psalms and I love you. God is a great deliverer.
ReplyDeleteLOVE YOU! You are in my prayers right now! You are such a blessing...
ReplyDeleteYour blog title is absolutely beautiful; what a great reminder!
Hiding Place has been one of my favorite songs since I was a little girl... I am singing it with you today and tomorrow and every day that I might have an opportunity to help support you in this fight!
Hope you are feeling our prayers and know that we are singing along with you.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Dave & Sheri
Hey Terese! The kids and I prayed for you before bed last night and you've been on our hearts today. Hoping for good news in your next update!
ReplyDeleteWe are thinking of you and praying fervently. God is able!
ReplyDelete